Sunday, January 20, 2008

actual dreams



"My art project has come to life! She is an old gypsy, practically extinct. She’s sitting on the rickety porch of her teetery little home. Looking up, she notices that even though it’s late, the moon hasn’t risen. She’ll just have to put one up there herself. She starts cutting a moon out of her red doormat. It’s tough to cut, and the circle is a bit jagged and uneven. She doesn’t notice that the moon has already risen, red, right above her home. The red begins to bleed out of it and onto the stairs of her porch. There is a little river of blood flowing from the top of her stairs down onto the path. The path stones are all slick and the circle of red fabric she had cut is now a bowl full of red."
So I was telling Esmerelda about this, and she says that red moons are symbols of death. I think this might be the first time I've dreamt about anything that could even count as a symbol... it's usually just really vague, like 'I was running around an apartment and we were hiding from people who were chasing us'. There's this one dream I remember really well, about this two men chasing me and Jessie and one was long and thin and the other was short and fat. Then I realized that I'm pretty sure that's just a dream of Jessie's that she told me about it. It's strange that it was assimilated into my memory.
There was this one recurring dream I used to have when I was younger, that this stocky sort of monster woman with snakey sort of hair captured my family in a cage. I think the cage was in Jessie's room, but at the time it was Jamie's room, and the cage was where his crib was. Yes, it was that long ago. Anyways, the only way I could free them was by drinking this potion, and she wouldn't tell me what it did. So I drank it, and I was standing in my hallway and there were mirrors in the rooms at either end, like one in the door of my parent's room and one in the door of Jessie's. And depending which direction I was facing, my teeth either looked normal or they were all filed sharp, like the monster's, and I couldn't tell which reflection showed the truth.
Now I'm just rambling. This is over.
NO- I just read possibly the greatest quote ever. It's a blog- dinosaur casserole. "1 Cup Stuff, Eight Cups Nonsense, and a lot of small, confused plastic dinosaurs." ahahahah. yes.

No comments: